Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wait! It's Not What it Looks Like!


I have mentioned before that even though I am divorced, I have a very close relationship with my in-laws. I am not going to say "Ex" in-laws because I did not divorce them.

But I did get off to a rocky start with my Mother-in-law. I am pretty sure that it was a classic case of "you are taking my baby". I am not sure when she let go of that (maybe she didn't ever but at least came to accept it) but over the years our relationship evolved. I may not share a blood bond with her, but we do through my children and I love her just as much as the rest of my family. I think Hopefully, the feeling is mutual.

About a year and a half ago my Son started dating a girl that I happen to like very much. Besides just being a nice person she seems to make my Son very happy! He says and does things that I would never have imagined from him. I am sure a lot of it has to do with maturity on his part but I am giving her some of the credit for some of it too. I am not pushing (I promise Ryan I am not), but if at some point they decide to get married I don't think that we will have that awkward Mother verses Daughter-in -law thing.

Cooking for people I like is definitely my favorite thing to do. That being said I am going to admit that this cake (the actual cake part) came from a mix so no recipe today. But the "sushi" was made of made of rice krispy treats, gummi bears, gumpaste,and non-pareils, I came up with the idea a few months ago when we went out for sushi and the waitress said to my Son and Laura ..."you here again?" I spent a good part of Fri and Sat night working on the "sushi" I looked at lot's of pictures online and even bought some real sushi to help me get this just right. I hope she likes it!

Happy Birthday Laura!

1 comment:

Alana @ The simple me said...

That's so creative!