Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Super Sweet 16!


Ok, I finally have something I am really proud of to post again! Fri night was my daughter's Sweet 16 party! It was a grand affair that came off without a hitch! It was definately all I had hoped it to be and I am PRETTY sure that it was everything SHE hoped it to be too. Yes, I was living a little vicariously through her but there is no harm in a little of that once in awhile. She is a great kid who deserved this and I loved doing it for her! To read more about her party check out my myspace blog here. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=58552903
Of course much of my fun in throwing the party was that I "catered " all the food.
I have worked just one time so far with "The Chef" but I learned a great deal about presenting the food and I put it ALL into action for this event.Besides just wanting to make this a special day for my daughter, I am doing the food for a friends wedding in May so this was a great opportunity to give some things a dry run.
I look back at the pictures of the wedding reception that I helped with last year and I see how plain and uninteresting that it all looked in fact I even feel a little embarassed by them. BUT NO MORE!

I helped organize the food for a Valentines dance at church last month and it was a huge improvement from the wedding but unfortunately I was horribly sick with the flu that day and fell short of the vision that I had for that event.








At this party however, I was estatic with the way the table turned out! Not that there is not room for improvement, but now I know what I need/ want to make it even more beautiful for my friends wedding. So here are my pictures. I did not make any new dishes for this event so no recipes but concentrating on the presentation REALLY paid off. Comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated!

2 comments:

Linda said...

wow beautiful. i wish i could to my sweet sixteen all over again!

to2sassy said...

Thank you. I might like to go back to the "party" but I would not want to be a teenage girl again for anything. I would like to go back to about 30 though...and stay!