Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Anyone out there????


I am probably going to be writing this to myself because if there was anyone reading my blog before I doubt they are now. I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since I have posted! I have cooked but I guess not anything I felt was good enough to post. I have been working on A recipe for a Chicken contest. I am sure that you would get sick of hearing about the same dish over and over again. I know I am getting sick of eating it! Besides ..If I post it here someone might STEAL IT! I KNOW that this blog is SO well read that SURELY there are spies out there looking for my perfect recipe!
Anyway, on to some dish on food (rim shot) I love to go out to eat for breakfast more than any other meal. In fact a breakfast or brunch buffet is my all time fave. I like so many breakfast foods that making a feast at home is WAY too much work. I want the biscuits and gravy and eggs and bacon and potatoes and waffles and fruit! BUT, for a good omelet..I want to make my own. That's because to me the EGG is only a background for my veggies and cheese. I love a HUGE omelet that is literally BURSTING with Peppers and onions, mushrooms and what ever other veggies I have on hand. I love it to be ooooooozing with ooey gooey cheese. This morning I decided to use feta cheese and I added some basil (of course when do I NOT add basil) and sundried tomatoes. YUMMM! What I really wanted in it was some fresh SPINACH! This ban on spinach is killing me. BRING BACK MY SPINACH!!! I was going to add some frozen but Alas, I have used it all working on my contest recipe (OOPS , forget that you read that looking over my shoulder for spies).
So, I know this is no culinary masterpiece but it was a nice hearty breakfast and something to get my blog up and running again.

4 comments:

aficionado said...

The ban has been lifted!!!! Free your inner spinach!!! BTW, my husband made a specific statement about the spinach in your chicken dish being FANTASTIC. I feel that it is time for you to know that you have created an absolutely wonderful way to cook that vegetable. I didn't tell him that I said the same thing at all....he said this all on his own.

aficionado said...

Oh yeah, I need to send you those pictures but I don't remember the end of your e-mail (yahoo, aol etc.) I think it is aol, so otherwise, send it to me.

to2sassy said...

thank you Robin AND Doug. Perhaps they will crown me chicken queen because of the spinach..lol. Hey 100 grand? I don't care what reels them in!

to2sassy said...

BTW ..what did he think of the ice cream?